How to configure exchange email on Outlook on Microsoft PC.
- Open Windows Control Panel under Start / Settings
- If the Mail Setup dialog appears, select Show Profiles, then click Add to add a new profile:
- Enter a name for the new profile, such as Exchange and click OK:
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next:
- For Server Type select Microsoft Exchange Server and click Next:
- Fill out the fields with information below:
- Microsoft Exchange Server: exch1.mxnet.local
- User Name: full email address (email@example.com)
- If a Dialog box pops up, then press OK
- If a dialog pops up showing the previously entered Exchange server address and mailbox name, click Cancel:
- In the Microsoft Exchange Server settings dialog, click on the Connection tab,
- then select Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP and click the Exchange Proxy Settings… button:
- In the Exchange Proxy Settings dialog enter the URL as exmail.swshosting.comIn the Exchange Proxy Settings dialog enter the URL as exmail.swshosting.com, make sure both check boxes for using HTTP first are checked, and enable Basic Authentication for the authentication type then click OK:make sure both check boxes for using HTTP first are checked, and enable Basic Authentication for the authentication type then click OK:
- Back at the Microsoft Exchange Server settings dialog, click OK:
- Click the box for Check Name:
- Enter the user’s full email address for the user name and their password, then click OK:If successful, the user name should now show underlined. Click Next:
- If the credentials dialog pops up again enter the email address and password again. You should now arrive at the completion dialog.
- Click Finished and close any other dialog boxes open. You can now run Outlook.